Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Chinese New Years

This year, I spent Chinese New Years in sunny California. It's the first year that I'm not spending it with my family. Not going to lie, but it was hard saying bye to my mom when she dropped me off. If you don't know me, I am a VERY emotional person. My trip was simply, amazing. Got to do some shopping, hang out with the "new" family, gambled, and the best part...the BEACH!
And not just any beach. Huntington Beach. Huntington Beach has always been a dream for me to go. I talk about it non-stop whenever someone brings up a vacation place or beaches. My dream finally came true. I almost cried... Anyways...the weather was perfect. The highest while we were there was about 65. It's funny because everywhere we went, there was always a few people wearing big coats, hats, scarfs and even boots. We were just casually walking with short sleeves. I won $40 dollars playing a card game. Not to shabby for a first timer eh? I wish I got to stay there an extra day with everyone else though.





Oh yeah, we got to eat fried rice out of a pineapple!!!! So yummy! :)

Anyhoo, it's the year of the Dragon -if anyone cares.

Happy Chinese New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment