I seriously miss Omar Martinez. He's halfway across the country. I honestly can't wait until he gets back home. Even if it's only for a week. Omar has seriously been one of thee bestest friends ever. We use to email every single day and I stopped. I decided to send him a package of holiday cards, birthday present, snacks, etc. I stopped emailing him because in my mind at the time was, "If I sent him a package, maybe it will help us catch up because emailing each other everyday started getting hard for me." (Because work and school got in the way) and I honestly was worried the back and fourth emailing would run out of words to say because our emails kept getting shorter and shorter. But now, I regret it. I wish I wouldn't have done that. Even though he's miles and miles away, I know I can stil count on him. No matter what.
I check my email at least 3-5 times a day. I've organized my email that all the important stuff is on top, my bank stuff is in the top middle, my bills are down in the middle while regular mail is at the bottom. (I'm a nerd, I know.) Last Thursday, as I open my mail, my important stuff took me by surprise. What was it? An email from Omar with the subject being "Did you forget about me?" It literally broke my heart. I responded as fast as I can and I can say that I am slowly getting over my regret.
I can't wait until you are home, Omar.
No comments:
Post a Comment